I wish I bought these - they were £1!
Many of you have asked for advice on bargain hunting at car-boots, so I thought I’d make a short guide!
- It’s best to get there early so you can snap up items before everyone else sees them.
- That said, the bargains are usually found at the end! This is when everyone is desperate to get rid of the last things – and they’ll accept very low offers.
- If you’re looking for vintage clothes, you can spot bright 80s prints from a long way away. This usually indicates that there are other old treasures on the same stall.
- Be imaginative! That long skirt may not look very nice now, but if you chop a few inches off and rehem it, it could turn into something great! (this applies to charity shops too).
- If you fall in love with something, buy it – you’ll probably never see it again.
- And the most important thing - always always haggle! You’ll be surprised how much cheaper you can get things.
For UK residents looking for a carboot sale location, there are many helpful carboot directories on Google. I found this site and this site quite useful.