Monday 14 January 2013

Hedgehog print! (Aimée by People Tree)


It's no secret that I'm a big fan of silly prints! If you open up my wardrobe (or rather, look across my room at my temporary year-abroad-clothes-rail), you are greeted with a ridiculous mix of 70s flowers and 60s geometric designs (take a peek at some of my finest blouses here). I love each and every one!

My latest addition is this fabulous organic boxy hedgehog print top from People Tree, my favourite ethical brand. Isn't it cool?! Organic cotton is always preferable to conventional cotton, as it is more sustainable and means dangerous chemicals aren't leaked into the ground, affecting local producers' health. I've started thinking more about buying organic vegetables too, for the same reasons.

The best thing about People Tree is that you can trace your supply chain really easily - they provide information on which factory made each item. According to the website, this top was 'Made in India by Assisi Garments' - the less cloudy a supply chain, the less room there is for exploitation, this is all good in my books!

I had planned to wear it with some bright red tights and a skirt, but it was a bit chilly so instead I wore it with my new Monkee Genes. Seeing as they aren't even in the photo, I think I'll be posting about them in the near future!




This top is now 50% off in the People Tree sale, making it just £14. There are quite a few other amazing things to be found! If you can't afford their clothes at full price, this is an excellent chance for some fairly guilt free shopping! And if you can... can I tempt you with this fabulous Peter Jensen soldier print top?!


How would you wear this hedgehog print top?

Sadie xxx

P.S. If you were wondering how People Tree is able to have a sale and still pay its workers a fair price, have a look here.

5 comments:

Ron McQuade said...

I've had the same top bookmarked, also the Jill tunic (the 60's cut is so lovely). I especially love their Orla Kiely collaborations but I can't bring myself to justify the price even on sale. The top looks lovely by the way, I can definitely see it with a red skirt, might even feel a little jubilee (wrong year though, whoops). I spotted several pairs of red monkee genes on the oxfam online sale and then blue pairs in a shop this Sunday, they're following me but in all the wrong sizes!

jessielovesthis said...

Oh wow,this is so cute,I'd definitely wear it!

http://dandyrank.blogspot.co.uk/

herecomesthesun said...

Love the print on the top, so cute!

delicate diaries said...

love it! Ive got to check the brand out and buy something : thanks xx

Style Eyes said...

I love that Hedgehog print! People Tree have such amazing sales, I have just treated myself to 2 dresses, one from the Orla Kieley collection. I am also loving the cat prints in the Peter Jensen collection.