I was recently contacted by vouchercodes.co.uk to take part in another thrifty 'bargainista' challenge! This time, the challenge was to come up with the 'best runway look on a budget', and with that in mind, I came up with this outfit, inspired by SS10 trends. Yep, its more double denim - I'm kind of warming to the idea now!
- Dungarees, eBay, 99p: Probably my best fashion bargain in terms of SS10 trends. I bought these last year, and they tick all the boxes for summer dungarees - even doubling up as a denim version of the popular playsuit!
- Denim Shirt, Tommy Hilfiger via A Charity Shop, £2: I absolutely love this shirt - it fits perfectly and is a really nice light denim. It's going to get lots of wear this winter/spring/summer...autumn... because its just so versatile.
- Straw Boater, my attic, free: I love finding things like this in my attic. It now has permanent residence on my hat stand.
- Sunglasses, car-boot, 50p: These make the world turn orange. And that's not a bad thing.
- Lace Tights, H&M, £6?: A sneaky way to wangle a bit of lace into the outfit.
- Socks, Topshop, gift: Without a shadow of a doubt, these are my favourite socks. They have a cable knit design - much more sophisticated than the rest of my sock drawer.
- Shoes, Clarks, gift: Can only be described as my one true love.
Anyway, I also need to mention my top bargain hunting tip. I think it would probably be:
Never leave a stone unturned when you're looking through rails of clothes in charity shops or at car-boots - the best things are often hidden!
I call this the limp starfish pose ^
Anyway - the best news is, the competition is open to all bloggers in the UK! And even better news is that the top prize is 2 VIP Platinum Club Tickets to London Fashion weekend!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone wants to enter, contact me for the .pdf which contains all of the terms and conditions (for some reason, I can't link to it directly). The winner will be picked at midday on 19th February. (I just realised that that's very very short notice...).