Last week whizzed by in a flurry of economics revision and the resultant over-consumption of tea and biscuits. The exam (on Friday) was probably the worst exam I've ever done, but I'll have to wait for the results to see if it was as dire as I thought!
Anyway, you may remember me mentioning that I had an exciting sewing project under way... well, this coat is the result! All week long I was desperate to get back to work on it, and I was finally free to finish it off on Sunday. I am so proud of it!
It's made from the warmest, softest woolen fabric in a sumptuous deep burgundy colour. I think I may have finally finished my hunt for the perfect coat now :). I think that's one of the best things about sewing - you can make exactly what you want - and it costs less. The materials for this coat were under £20!
I made up the pattern based on the one I used for this dress, and had to adapt it a bit to make it suitable for a coat (for example, allowing for overlap on the front panels). The most mind boggling part was how to get the lining in - you have to plan it really far in advance. I'd compare sewing to playing chess... you have to anticipate what might go wrong and work out how to overcome the problem before it arises.
It's my own personal homage to the 1960s :).
Many of you have asked for tutorials for some of my sewing projects - it's very hard for me to explain most of them because I sort of make them up as I go along. BUT! I'm hopefully going to make a simple tutorial or a general hints and tips one soon!
P.S. I dyed my hair! It's a teeny bit darker/redder than before :).