Sunday 23 September 2012

Maje

As I mentioned in my last post, which was, incidentally, AGES AGO (woops), the Parisian way of dressing is gradually creeping into my sub conscious and I'm finding myself suddenly attracted to all things grey, navy and black. This is adding a bit of balance to my wardrobe, which is otherwise bright orange, bright green, bright red, bright yellow and so on...

In keeping with my thrifty spirit (nowadays also for environmental reasons!), I'm only letting myself make wardrobe additions if they are second hand. And as it was my birthday the other day, I got to choose what to do... go thrifting, of course! My flat mate and I took the metro a few stops to the local carboot, which was filled with some of the most expensive carboot things I have ever seen. But also some of the best quality carboot things I have ever seen. I picked up this pure silk top from French label Maje for €12, and it is currently my favourite thing ever. My favourite things always get put on my vintage wooden coat hangers, and that is where this top is currently hanging...

This photo was a complete accident but I love how it came out. It's not even the right way up, but I like it.
I first heard about Maje when my new work colleague took me on a whistle-stop tour of all of the best quintessentially Parisian boutiques. As your stereotypical blogger Alexa Chung fan-girl, my interest was captured even more when I found out she's part of their recent ad campaign. Celebrity endorsement works, guys!

My favourite part of the top is this super-chic translucent mesh insert on the back.

Also, I really really miss spending half an hour messing around with self timer, a tripod, and pretty window light. I wish I could practise with my camera with someone else in front of the lens, but so far no one is willing, waaa! So in the meantime, I'll just have to put up with taking over 30 photos just to get the camera to frame the shot correctly and a further 3000 trying to get the lighting right...

Sadie xxx

6 comments:

Ella Masters said...

what a great find sadie, these photos are beautiful and i love how thrifty you are :) i'm missing paris next time i'm over can we go carbooting :) xx p.s. happy birthday for the other day :) xx

Hannah said...

These are beautiful photographs.
I've been talking a lot lately about how I haven't bought an item of clothing from somewhere other than a thrift store in months. I love that you're doing it intentionally and I love your reasons!

Unknown said...

Shopping in Paris sounds great...and I can imagine that the Parisian way of dressing would get to you after awhile! I am also trying to purchase only ethically-made/secondhand clothing (mostly secondhand)...good for you!

EMLWY said...

Beautiful photos. I love the blurred images. I hope you had a lovely birthday... Thrifting in Paris sounds like a pretty swell way to spend it! xx

Endometriosis my life with you

Sallytangle said...

I love these photos, really beautiful and sort of …raw - i mean that nicely ;) I have been blogging for a few months and have no-one to take pics for me……i just try and be creative, not too sure if it works.

Love this xxxx

Unknown said...

its so pretty, and anything alexa endorses must be good :) hehe

Xo,
steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons