Friday 16 September 2011

Golden Hour

It sounds silly, but since buying myself a new camera, I feel so much more motivated to blog! You may have noticed that I've been rather absent from the blogosphere over the summer - working full time was probably to blame, but I'm glad I have got back into the swing of things.

Now, I know in my previous post I concluded that I simply couldn't buy any more coats... well, the very next day I bought another new coat. To be honest, it's more of a jacket than a coat, but it seems to be 'boyfriend fit' so kind of counts as a coat on someone as short as me. At £7, I did have to have a long think about it, but in the end I just couldn't put it back on the rail (which incidentally, is a wonderful vintage rail at my local Cancer Research shop).

It's quite a masculine coat, which lends itself perfectly to an outfit featuring my skinny leather tie, previously seen here. I'm also wearing my absolute favourite retro blouse, originally from Jaeger, but thrifted for £2 some time last year. Very 1940s-gentleman-goes-to-work, don't you think? Haha.


The boy and I made use of the incredibly flattering light at 'golden hour', just before sunset, to take the photos. Saved me from having to add a 'vintage glow' on photoshop!


Finally, my friend has just re-launched his photography website at stewartgiles.com - please do have a little look! He does some great fashion related shoots :).


Sadie xxx

P.S. I've just been added to MyStreetChic.com - you can find my photo here!

17 comments:

Chantelle Thomas said...

That jacket is lovely. I wanted one like it from Topshop last year but never bought it

The Robyn Diaries said...

Your new jacket is lovely and that tie is amazing! The dress I bought a few weeks ago, its all gone at my shop but you can probably still find it online? (such a sales pusher ahah)! Anyway good luck to both of us with new blog inspirations :) x

Lucie said...

you are really chic! :)


http://thecoffeeshake.blogspot.com/

Lauren said...

The whole look is completely cute, as usual. I think your choice of shoes really feminised it and gave it a bit of high kick!

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! You're the first person I don't know and someone with fab style! X

www.thefabulousmission.blogspot.com

Schnuersenkelrolltreppentod said...

Oh My God.
I Love Your Outfit!

The Bootlace

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

So cute Hun, preppy chic! Love this autumn hued combo!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

Fashionisaparty.com (Suz) said...

nice trousers, cute look!

Cait said...

Absolutely love this whole outfit. I love the style of the jacket, I have some great wool fabric that I would like to make a jacket out of. I'm on the look out for a pattern just like that jacket :)

The Quick Red Fox said...

Ha you can never have too many coats Sadie! Especially as lovely as that one. I love your shoes too xxx

Unknown said...

Love this outfit and the glasses are awesome. x

Meena Dhuga said...

i love your glasses so much!

http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

Meena ♥

K said...

All very good finds! My charity shop haul today was much more 60s-y.

K xx

Anonymous said...

i love your glasses too!!

Please may I? said...

Loving the whole outfit. May I just say how lovely your hair looks too.

X x

lyzi said...

Just petfect!! You can pull of the boyish look, because you're so pretty that no one would ever mistake you for a boy! haha! xxxx

Laura Jones said...

lovely outfit! and i think i have a leather tie just like that but in black:) x

Unknown said...

i love your cute little skinny tie!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons