Friday 30 September 2011

My New Room


You may remember last year, I posted about decorating my room in university halls. Well, now I've moved out and into a house, into a room double the size and half the price! I've been busy decorating it since moving in, including pinning (yes, pinning) up a feature wall of Anagylpta paper, painted a rich green colour. I'm facing the same problem as last year in that I can't make any major changes to the room, but after a quick re-arrangement of the furniture, bluetacking some lace edging to my mismatched shelves, and of course, filling said shelves with all of my important junk, the place seems more like home.

I've taken a few snaps of my favourite areas of the room (again, as practise with my new lens). Please excuse the lack of sharpness in places - I'm a beginner!

Slightly wrinkled anaglypta! I got so much criticism for this from my parents, who can remember it the first time around, but I think its great! And I think I may have won my mum around...

A little retro hornsea honey pot and another little pot
Some rather dashing little 50s? 60s? 70s? Salt and Pepper pots and a highly flammable lightshade...

My retro sewing machine cover

Pretty little vintage makeup bag, picked up at Clothes Show Live last year

Although you can't see properly, this is a floor standing lamp, found in a local charity shop for £7.50!

I'll be back soon with a proper outfit post - a bit rushed off my feet at the moment with uni things. I'm trying to join more societies this year, and my diary is now full to bursting!

Sadie xxx

13 comments:

Laura Jones said...

the room seems to be lovely, you have such pretty things! the suitcases in the first picture are wonderful:) x

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

So pretty, love the wallpaper!

Ani said...

aww such creative ideas for a room you cant decorate properly! my uni room was very boring. x

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Gorgeous pics. Your room looks cute, warm and cosy.

Eve Maria said...

aw, when I was growing up we had those lampshades and I quite loved them!

Moe said...

Wow it's so gorgeous!! I love it!

Le Fresne said...

I personally like the anaglypta!
I'd love a dress made from the fabric of your sewing machine cover.
http://witchhare.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Love all of your little vintage style tidbits - Especially the cases <3 xx

LeniKarvo said...

The wallpaper is awesome!

Immie said...

love the sewing cover! your room has such lovely little details! xxxxxxx

Blackie and Blondie said...

you are so sweet :)

Bibi said...

this post was very cute!
my old uni house used to have them highly flammable lightshades, i recently moved out too.

I actually like the way youve used the paper too never been a big fan but the colour and pattern are fun.

Rhi - SDiB said...

Gorgeous. The wallpaper is AWESOME, what a great colour! Wondering where we can put something like that up in our home.. hmm..