Friday 9 September 2011

Monochrome


I had a very exciting delivery this morning - a new Canon digital SLR camera! I've been wanting to buy one for ages, but was always worried about how much use it would get (they are rather heavy and seem rather bulky to carry around!). But after working full time for most of the summer, I really wanted to reward myself with something special, and a new camera fitted the bill. I bought it second hand, a snip at £240, on eBay. I've been fiddling around with my new gadget all day looking at all the interesting features - who'd have thought there could be such a thing as a self cleaning sensor?

Anyway, I ventured off into the countryside and dragged the boyfriend out with me to take a few outfit photos. I think they came out quite well for a first attempt, admittedly with the camera set on 'Auto'. (Handy tip: never give a male a shiny gadget with lots of buttons. You will not get it back for ages).

I'm wearing my absolute favourite new dress, bought in the French Connection sale for around £40, reduced from £90 (another work 'reward'). It is made from a luxurious boiled-wool style fabric, clearly built to last, and in my favourite shade of grey. And yes you can have a favourite shade of grey! The blouse underneath was thrifted for around £2 and is about 10x too big for me but it has a pretty little collar. The tights are from Miss Selfridge and the shoes from Clarks.

My boyfriend's family have befriended this stray kitten - he(she?)'s so tiny and cute but wasn't too keen on having his photo taken. This photo is a bit blurry but I couldn't not include it - and after all, we match!

Sadie xxx

22 comments:

Secondhand Stella said...

Such a cute little kitty!!!

Catte said...

That shirt is really pretty and your hair is incredibly lovely


www.converseandchords.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Lucky you, I'm saving for a new camera too! Your thrifted blouse is cute almost as cute as the kitty! I'd totally take it home with me :)
Rachelle x
http://inspiredbytheretired.blogspot.com/

Cat said...

Oh I just love those kind of bargains in the sales! The dress looks great paired with that blouse - and I love how 'autumny' your photos feel!

Cat xxx
http://www.takecourageblog.com/

Paige Rhianne said...

Your hair looks beautiful I love the outfit too.
How cute is that cat aswell. Lovely post.

http://www.gingerrsnap.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You (and the cat!) look adorable! It doesn't bother me at all that the blouse is to big for you, it looks great!

Ruth said...

LOOVE YOUR OUTFIT! (as always)
And OOOhhh That poor little cat is so cute!

Unknown said...

congrats on the new camera! you look incredibly gorgeous in the first picture!!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Unknown said...

wow I love your look <3

Unknown said...

Well aren't you just as cute as a button! I love your hair, if I were to ever get the chop I'd want something bouncy like yours. Love the stripey shirt too, gutted it's thrifted as I won't be able to find my own! ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

Sampada said...

This is so cute! I really love it.

-Violet

Amanda said...

You are so pretty!

Sarah said...

You're adorable. PS: i really want to steal the collar on that shirt. so cute.

Sarah
( Fashion Battleship )

sydney said...

I just found your blog through a photo on tumblr! I love it already, you have the cutest style and I love that you also sew some of your own clothes. I am excited to keep reading! Hope you're having a good weekend! <3

Eve Maria said...

That kitten is so cute!

sweet harvest moon said...

Lovely :)

Meena Dhuga said...

this is awesome! love this outfit!!

http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

Meena ♥

nina-im-wunderland said...

i love the background of your blog with all those pretty hearts. LOVELY!

Unknown said...

lovely :)

Jools said...

I know what you mean: dont give boys shiny gadgets with lots of buttons. Make that mistake all the time with my boyfriend! I love your outfit, it's adorable! xx

baileyblush said...

I have favourite shades of grey too (several of them)! Love the dress and the shirt. Good luck with the camera!

http://baileyblush.blogspot.com/

Lauren said...

A camera is always a great present for a blogger! Great mod style shirt in a lovely English locale.

www.thefabulousmission.blogspot.com