Monday 12 September 2011

You can never have too many coats...


... or at least, thats what I try to tell myself every time I fall in love with a new coat and 'just have to have it'! Luckily my coat buying habit mostly takes place in charity shops, so I can feel a little less guilty - and that is the case with my newest wardrobe recruit!

I picked it up for just £10 in one of my local charity shops (I'm going to miss my town and its rather high charity-shop-per-capita score so much when I return to university). There is no label inside, so I'm guessing that it was once handmade by a fashionable little seamstress back in the 60s - I adore its peterpan collar and gentle A-line shape.

I donned my beret, bought in a vintage shop in Paris no less, and braved the extremely windy conditions outside to take a few snaps of it with my new camera. Most of the shots turned out to just be of me holding my hair out of my face, but a few of the photos were vaguely successful (thanks dad).
Unfortunately for me (and fortunately for my bulging wardrobe), I'm actually going to re-sell the coat :( boo. After my impulse buy, I realised I really do need the funds - after all, I did splash out on a new camera last week. But I couldn't resist posing in it before putting it up on eBay!

Sadie xxx

P.S. I'm off to a salsa night tonight. This is going to be very difficult seeing as I am completely incapable of copying dances or even dancing to any sort of rhythm... wish me luck.

20 comments:

MillyCupcake said...

Absolutely love this coat :) What a bargain, I have far to many coats too it's a shame we can only wear them half the year!

xXx

sweet harvest moon said...

I have a coat addiction, every time I see a cute coat, i just need to have it :p

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

Rachael said...

Such a shame you can't keep it - it's a gorgeous little coat x

My Passport to Style said...

I totally agree about the coats thing and you look adorable in this check and beret. Lime green is a bold choice with the beret but it totally works, loving it! Sharon xx

www.mypassporttostyle.blogspot.com

Busyvintagebee said...

Oh my goodness, what a lovely coat! If you are going to put it up on ebay I'd be interested in it.. could you send me your ebay ID by email?
(my email busyvintagebee [at] gmail.com)
Thank yoooou!
Sophie

Steph & The Spaniels said...

Hope salsa goes well! The coat is stunning, you look lovely, such a shame about money hey
xx

Schnuersenkelrolltreppentod said...

Lovely Outfit!

The Bootlace

baileyblush said...

I feel your pain on the coat addiction - I have one too. And I am a sucker for jackets as well! This one is just lovely!
http://baileyblush.blogspot.com/

emmarose said...

the best thing about autumn and winter is buying a new coat! don't feel bad- we all do it! what a great find your coat is, very cute. you should totally keep it! x

www.thehemlinesandtheheadlines.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Adorable coat! I've been looking for a red one just like that, with the A-line and peter pan collar! Here's to finding one!

Sarah
( Fashion Battleship )

Abby-Lee said...

ah your coat is so cute :) xx

http://abby-lee.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

what a cute coat and hat!!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Please may I? said...

What a stunning find.

X x

Lily said...

Awww, it's a shame you have to sell it! It suits you so well. Your hair is looking magnificent lately.

Laura Jones said...

that coat is so lovely! hope the salsa went well:) x

Sampada said...

I'm so sad to hear that the coat has to go...it's so adorable. You look absolutely charming, especially with that hat!

-Rose

lyzi said...

Such a lovely coat! Gorgeous colours and shape. I can't wait until my local charity shops bring out all their coats again.
xxx

rental mobil said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

walking dot photography said...

Aww, that's an adorable coat! I feel for ya that you have to sell it. :( I have very boring coats in my closet, so now you doubly-inspired me to be on the search for something more fun!
-giedre
www.walkingdotphotography.com

bekkarina said...

I love the jacket! How sad you have to part with it! But do link your ebay store, I love your taste in clothes!