Saturday 17 September 2011

Sessun


After noticing that lots of other bloggers use a 50mm lens, I thought I'd quite like to jump on the bandwagon, so earlier this week I ordered one to go with my new camera. It arrived this morning, and I just couldn't resist testing it out straight away... even though it is supposed to be a birthday present for next week (eek, turning 20!). Since taking these photos way back in 2009, I've been itching to do some sort of similar shoot. The floaty white curtains in my room soften the light just perfectly for taking dreamy photos - and it was all wet and gloomy outside so it felt decidedly cosy indoors.

A few weeks ago I purchased this Sessun jumpsuit in the sale section of Urban Outfitters (NOT that I particularly like the idea of buying from UO; most of their stock is horrendously overpriced, and there was a big scandal recently which involved them stealing the ideas of an independent jewellery designer!). Anyway - I'm quite delighted with my purchase, which is a wonderfully high quality chambray jumpsuit with lots of nice details - pretty lined pockets and carefully covered seams, to name a few. Which is what you'd expect from a jumpsuit that originally cost £130(!!!). It seems I was in the right place at the right time - I bought it for a mere £20. Best purchase ever!

I've been waiting for the right occasion to really do it justice, and I'm quite proud of how these photos turned out, especially as I was working awkwardly with a tripod and self timer! Sorry if I come across as really vain - I promise I'm not!
What do you think of them?

Sadie xxx

18 comments:

Lucie said...

like your hat :)

http://thecoffeeshake.blogspot.com/

Mrs Berto said...

Super cute as always :)

Anisa Young said...

Very you, I love the look! I'm so glad you're posting regularly again, I've missed you on the blogosphere! xxAnisa

Annarack said...

That spider web is amazing

Harrie x said...

jumpsuit + spider + hat = amazing

Schnuersenkelrolltreppentod said...

Lovely Pictures.

Isabella Kiss said...

this is sort of unrelated but your hair is so lovely. it always seems to fall in just the right place and the cut suits u so well. i like it alot!

Elyse (Give Me Bows) said...

These photos are gorgeous, the lighting is beautiful and you look so pretty <3

The Quick Red Fox said...

These photos are lovely- especially the first one, you're such a natural with a camera! And what a reduction on that jumpsuit; though totally agree with you on the UO front (my bf now refuses to go into UO with me, as I pretty much just walk around picking everything thing up and muttering "I could get that for a third of the price at X shop!")
xxx

Percy Owl said...

What a score! I love the buttons along the front :)

Kat said...

Gorgeous photos Sadie; for someone who's still getting to grips with their camera, they're even more impressive! I love the jumpsuit too :)

Unknown said...

I have the same lens and I love it, your photos look great!

herecomesthesun said...

I just wanted to say a little hello as this is my first time on your blog and it has completely won me over :) I'm now your newest follower! Keep up the great work :) xx

Laura Bray said...

Love, love, love the soft dreamy lighting in these shots! Gorgeous ;)

-Laura x
http://wrinkleintimevintage.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I adore the jumpsuit, Sessun are one of my favourite labels. And you are so right about UO, how pricey are they? The sales are great though, I picked up a navy TBA princess coat reduced from 300 to 50 euros in the sales, no way would I sepnd the full price like that!

Cakes
http://www.cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

Eve Maria said...

I love your photos, they're really perfect. I love how u pick unusual details :)

anna chiara said...

Amazing!why u don't send it to them to publish on http://www.facebook.com/sessun

Jen said...

Beautiful, simple shoes. May I ask where they are from?