Thursday 16 April 2009

Motel

Motel was born in the 1990s after the owners visited America to go thrifting. They spent hours rummaging through the shelves, finding beautiful dresses, tops, skirts and jackets, and when they got home realised they wanted to recreate the excitement associated with finding the perfect vintage hidden gem!

Over the last couple of years Motel has become hugely popular, being worn by the likes of Lily Allen and Duffy - and fetching high prices on eBay. And understandably so.

The clothes are simple, yet flattering, bold and beautiful. They not only look great during the day but smart and sophisticated at night – and you know that each piece is high quality. The designs and prints are vintage inspired.

I’m lucky enough to live near the Motel shop, and the other day I walked in to find many of the clothes for £7! I’m normally unable to afford the full price items, so I splashed out and bought myself a lovely navy winter coat and a skirt in the classic flower print (I'll photograph them later!). I very nearly bought the grey pencil skirt in the middle picture, and I wish I had now. Might have to go back!

You can find their online store here: http://www.motelrocks.com/

Sadie xxx

1 comment:

inming said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.