Wednesday 22 December 2010

Black and White

I'm home from uni for Christmas and it feels great! I have a new found appreciation of all the mod cons such as dishwashers and televisions, as well as fully stocked food cupboards and somewhere to do the laundry! To add to my list of home delights, my parents have just purchased a log burner, so I've been spending a lot of time huddled in front of that to warm up after trekking into town in the snow.

I've been waiting to show you this dress since the clothes show. Isn't it stunning? It's from Elizabeth Lau - and is one of Elizabeth's more sparkly designs! The dress itself is actually a tunic, but I think (hopefully!) I can get away with it as a dress. It hangs beautifully on its own, but I thought I'd cinch in the waist with a brown belt for added definition. I love how elegant oversized clothes look - this one especially, as it has a lovely off the shoulder detail and low back. Very demure. What do you think of it?


I'm going to chase after my boyfriend with this mistletoe tomorrow! hehe.

Lots of you have been wondering where my usual sewing/thrifty/outfit posts have been - well, they're back now! It's very difficult to sew at uni, not to mention the fact that I haven't even seen a charity shop for the last 3 months! Boohoo. But I'm back home now, sewing machine and retro patterns at the ready! So watch this space!

Sadie xxx

21 comments:

ASLI - BB said...

lovely dress!! :)

Kat said...

what uni are you at? and i know what you mean, i literally attacked my kitchen cupboards and fridge when i got home! as well as bringing a HUUUUGE bag of laundry hahaha :P

Steph said...

You look so pretty! Love the heart tights.

Steph & The Spaniels said...

This is gorgeous :) Looks very festive- the tights are lovely
gorgeous girl xxx

Ellie said...

Oh gosh, 3 months without a charity shop?! I think I might die.

This is a beautiful dress and you can totally get away with it as one! Lau is one of my favourite designers, her clothes are so quirky and interesting! x

Mirka said...

I think you look great in this outfit!

Unknown said...

Love your style ^_^
Your tights are so lovely <3

xx
Marc
http://vicissitudinilombarde.blogspot.com/

gabriela said...

I love it! Party time :D
<3

Anonymous said...

The dress is gorgeous - and it looks brilliant with your tights! x

Georgie said...

Love the dress, going to go look at the Elizabeth Lau website now! Love how you styled it with the tights too.
xx

Mathilde said...

I love your shoes !!
THis looks is stunning on you.

Miss Minik said...

i love your outfit... the stockings are super cute :)

http://msminik.blogspot.com/

Taylor Kitto / The Little Deer said...

you are looking adorable, missy!
you rock those glasses so well. I wish I could!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty dress! Can't wait for your sewing post again!

The Quick Red Fox said...

Gorgeous dress Sadie, looks great on you and perfect for the party season! If you're looking for charity shops at uni, take a bus to Kings Heath or Sutton Coldfield- some of my fave charity shop locations! I've heard Shirley is good too but haven't had chance to go there yet myself! Hope you have a great xmas :) x

Laura said...

Pretty dress!
Have a nice christmas!

tartangirl said...

Wishing you a nice Christmas from France ! You look gorgeous in this dress. See you. Tartangirl.

Sanne said...

Merry x-mas! I really love your dress^^

The Merry Traveller said...

You look so so pretty in that dress! Anything that sparkles or glitters catches my fancy. If you don't mind, can I ask what model number your glasses are? Thanks!

lydia lee said...

this is so nice, i love your tights :)
im having a giveaway of a Alexander Wang-esque coco studded clutch bag if you want to take a look hon! xx

filoh said...

sexy sadie.. whatever you have done... looks good... nice stockings btw :-)