Saturday 25 August 2012

Lost in Paris

I'm sorry for my very long absence... I've been settling into life in Paris, and cramming in all the touristy things before I start work in September! I've also been a bit nervous about taking photos out in the street. Being a typical Parisian apartment, the place where I live doesn't have a private garden that I can set my tripod up in, and I'm not too keen on plonking it down in the street. So posts from Paris may be a bit limited, except times when the boyfriend is visiting and where a quiet side street is available.

On to the fashion: I didn't really believe that Parisians would be as chic as everyone makes out. Well, turns out they are. It's the little touches like the hair clasps, dainty sandals and ankle length trousers that do it, that and the fact that their colour palette rarely varies from black, navy or tan. I have slightly adapted my look so I fit in, as, after a while, you just don't want to be treated like a tourist anymore (I live here, daahling). So here is my monochrome Parisian ensemble.

Couldn't resist adding a pop of colour with a skinny green belt though.

The top is vintage (ebay), skirt from a charity shop (originally Monsoon), belt from my old dressing up box, and bag and shoes were naughty new and not strictly ethical purchases.

Ohhh... and I just braved a French hairdresser and got my chic Parisian bob, hehe.

Sadie xxx

26 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I'm dying to visit Paris and you get to live there! Your blouse has such pretty details too :)

louisejoyb x

Lucie said...

nice outfit! you look so sweet :)

www.thecoffeeshake.blogspot.com

The Quick Red Fox said...

Lovely to see you back Sadie. Totally did NOT know you were living in Paris, amazing! xxx

Joyce said...

Hi Sadie,

You look oh-so-chic and lovely! Love your new hair 'do.

Love Joyce

Laura Jones said...

i love that blouse! and so jealous of you living in paris, hope you have the most amazing time! x

Unknown said...

This is such a cute outfit!! I love the polka dots on you :) And living in Paris must be such an exciting experience!

Lots of love,
Sabina
xxx

Enter my studded corset giveaway in collaboration with Kat Valdez!

Unknown said...

welcome back! paris seems incredible, i love your parisian look :)


Xo,
steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Georgia said...

Lovely outfit!!
I love French super markets too-
the madeleines they sell are super!

Georgia :) x

olivia grace said...

You look beautiful! xxx

masterkey said...

Very cute outfit that matches Paris perfectly!

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous of your amazing new adventure!

You look so chic, even with a daring pop of colour ;)

Enjoy Paris!

x

Rosie said...

Just found your blog and already love it! Love your style, writing, everything! So excited to read more from you all about your new life in Paris :) Going to follow right now!

www.ciderwithrosiebee.blogspot.com

Chloe said...

the skirt is very cute, you look amazing


chloex
www.bythelock.com

Carina said...

Love your style! The bow detail on the blouse is so so cute :)

yishyene said...

Woohoo you live in Paris now! Way to go! Hope you have lots of fun adventures and do lots of exploring.. and eating.. ;)

Y xx

http://www.smallcrazy.com

Sallytangle said...

Very chic, i can't wait to read more about your little adventures xxxx

Vanessa said...

Cute outfit...I love it.;-)
Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
My Blog

go cry wolf said...

such a cute blog!

stop by sometime?

xx

http://therockerchild.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love how you combined the lace and dots! Very chic.

Great blog love....

Follow each other???
****ZARA gift card giveaway for $400 on www.fashion-a-holic.com****

Lia said...

chic!! :)

WEIRDO said...

hey you, come back, i miss your eyes.

WEIRDO said...

invisible sadie.

Jen Hsieh said...

You might just be the cutest thing ever. The pop of color with the belt is perfect and I hope you're settling into Paris alright! So jealous. :)

she. said...

Cute outfitt.

Besma Lucy said...

I'm doing the exact same thing as you soon - moving to Paris to work (though for me it's just for a year). Is there anything you would recommend doing/seeing? Did you find settling in difficult?

Please let me know! www.bonjourmademoiselle.net is my blog, comment or email me if you have time :) x

Besma Lucy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.