Sunday 14 July 2013

Paris Ethical Shopping Guide: 9km

 
My quest for ethical shops in Paris recently took me to the 14th arrondissement, to visit the super trendy 9km shop on rue des Plantes. The shop caters for both men and women, featuring a range of ethical, minimalist clothing with an urban feel.

Brands included Stanley Stella (my favourite item being a rather cool 'Gone Fishing' t-shirt), organic t-shirts and underwear from Kolam Collection, and, to my delight, jeans and chinos from Monkee Genes. I was also happy to find a selection of organic canvas shoes in the store, from the brand Natural World.

The shop was quite small but great for wardrobe staples (including hoodies), and cool printed t-shirts. I visited during the bi-annual French 'soldes', but they do a rather cool offer which is kind of like a restaurant set menu: 1 pair of trousers, 1 plain t-shirt, and 1 pair of shoes for €100 - a really amazing offer for an all-organic outfit!



Address:
2, rue des Plantes
Paris 75014
Like 9km on Facebook

And if you're in the area, check out rue des Thermopyles, an incredibly beautiful little road that feels more like rural France than the heart of Paris - don't forget your camera!

Sadie xxx

6 comments:

jessss said...

what a cute little shop! i admire your ability to find style as well as sustainability in your clothing choices ^_^

a very loud introvert

Christina Marie said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing. (:


xx
www.naturally-christina.blogspot.com

Crafter-holic said...

Might seem a random Q, but can you speak fluent French? I always wonder how people can live and work in another country when they can't speak much of the language so I'm just curious!
I think I'd be too scared to try so good on you taking the leap :) Paris looks awesome.

Sadie's Wardrobe said...

Hello! Before I left for France I had been studying French for 9 years, but I have certainly got closer to fluency since being here (although not 100%, but it depends how you define fluency!). I have met quite a few people here who don't speak much French at all - it depends on the company they work for! I suppose it's the same with many capital cities.

If you ever get the chance, definitely go for it - you'll always find people in the same boat nearby, especially in a city!

Crafter-holic said...

Thanks for the reply Sadie! I better get revising my school French :)

Anonymous said...

First I want to tell you Thank you for sharing it with us.
I am really Happy and impressed to see this blog!
law essay writing help